|By .NETDJ News Desk||
|January 9, 2006 12:00 PM EST||
Kapow, the company that gave UK its first SMS text gateway, announced a partnership with Seiko UK. Seiko UK is the watchmaker’s UK subsidiary. Seiko is using Kapow’s services to provide a SMS text-alert service that would enable fast and efficient contact with customers and Seiko’s sales teams.
Seiko found that it needed Kapow’s SMS services, when it was unable to provide up-to-date customer service after doing repair or service. It was not feasible on Seiko’s part to let customers know that their job (service or repair) had been done. Seiko plans to use Kapow’s SMS database and gateway and notify its customers.
Seiko would immediately notify the customer via SMS that their watch or clock is in good shape now. This ensures that the customer knows that the work has been carried out properly and they need to contact Seiko only if the package doesn’t arrive as promised after the SMS notification.
Seiko feels that this also relieves their call centers from customers enquiring about devices that have been already dispatched. Another reason for using Kapow’s .NET SMS gateway for Seiko is to maintain contact with the company’s sales team, spread globally. Messages can be sent individually or to a team.
Richard Whitbread, financial controller at Seiko UK, said: “Providing important information to customers and its people on a proactive basis, but in a feasible manner, is a challenge for any organization. Seiko UK believes that SMS is the most flexible, practical and cost-effective way to do this.”
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher