|By Marketwire .||
|August 20, 2009 11:59 AM EDT||
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 08/20/09 -- DJ Kayslay, legendary DJ, magazine owner, mixtape master, is set to release his new album, "More Than Just a DJ," on October 13th, 2009 on E1 Music.
The album features Plies, Busta Rhymes, Jim Jones, Bun-B, 50 Cent, OJ Da Juiceman, Drake, Juelz Santana, Joell Ortiz, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, and many, many more.
The first single, "Blockstars" featuring Plies, Jim Jones, Busta Rhymes & Ray J is hitting radio now. A second single, "Thug Luv" featuring Maino, Papoose, Red Café and Ray J will follow.
DJ Kay Slay says, "There is a lot of talk about bringing New York hip hop back. I was a part of the birth of our culture, and my new album does not disappoint. 'More Than Just a DJ' is bringing real hip hop back!!"
DJ KAYSLAY aka THE DRAMA KING embodies real hip hop. A graffiti legend in the '70s, and later THE King of all mixtapes with his "Streetsweepers" series, respect on the streets for Kayslay is second to none. Slay also works like no other to bring together some of the biggest names in Hip-Hop and pairing them with some of today's hottest producers. As the official "Drama King," he was the first DJ to break landmark battles over the past decade including serving as referee for the now legendary Jay-Z vs. Nas battle and the brutal Ja Rule vs. 50 Cent war on the airwaves. Rappers consider Kayslay the go-to DJ to entrust their hottest battle raps with. "The Street Sweepers, Vol. 1" and "The Street Sweepers Vol. 2: The Pain From The Game" (released in 2003 and 2004 respectively) have together sold over 350,000 copies. Kayslay is also the #1 DJ on New York's premier hip hop radio station, Hot 97.
Slay's new album "MORE THAN JUST A DJ" will be a fall release must have for hip-hop fanatics.
About E1 Entertainment
E1 Entertainment (AIM: ETO) is a leading independent entertainment content owner that acquires film, television and music rights and exploits these rights in all media in more than 190 countries.
The company currently operates in Canada, the U.S., the UK, Holland and Belgium through its four primary businesses units: E1 Television, E1 Films, E1 Music and E1 Distribution. These businesses collectively represent E1's extensive expertise in film distribution, television and music production/distribution, Kids content, Licensing and Distribution.
E1's content library includes more than 3,700 feature films, 2,700 hours of original television programming and 15,000 music tracks.
- "All It Took Was One E-Mail to Larry," Says Former eBay Research Director As He Moves to Google
- Google Ramps Up Its Mobile Reach: Launches "Mobile Web Search"
- VoIP Update: Yahoo! Buys DialPad
- Ericsson + Napster = World's First "Wireless Digital Music" Brand
- SYS-CON i-Technology Podcast August 30, 2005
- A Flair for Food - Health-Conscious Cooking Is This Chef's Cup Of Tea
- Sony PSP May Feature Porn
- Free Guest Passes for the SOA World Conference & Expo in NYC
- South Korea is World's Largest Phisher
- Kapow Helps Seiko UK, Provides SMS Text-Alert Services
- Will the Mac OS Now Be Offered by Dell?
- UK Targeted for Trojan Attacks